Friday, July 4, 2014

T + 17, Independence Day

I had a great week after being released from the hospital.  The kids were all away still with camps, it allowed Joanne and I to get into a routine out of the hospital.  The best part of course was eating my wife's great cooking rather than hospital food.  I was also able to start with some mild exercise and stretching as I begin to rebuild.

I had two follow-up visits to the clinic and both went well with no need for any additional fluids to on-board.  My mouth and throat were the last sore spots remaining from the chemo treatments, they are healing slowly.  I'll continue to visit the clinic 2-3 times per week with the next big milestone coming up at Day T + 30 when they'll take another marrow biopsy.

All the kids will be back today, really looking forward to seeing them and being together for the fourth.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, thank you so much for sharing your story. If you don't mind sharing a little more.... did your leukemia start as MDS? Do you have chromosomal abnormalities? I have my second bone marrow biopsy this Thursday July 10th. I have LGL with evolving MDS. This bone marrow biopsy will tell us the next step s I have to take. I live in Florida (Daytona Beach) . I'm 47 and I ran with Biggest Losers in the Tampa race. I am hooked on OCR! I just need to get healthy enough to run again.
    Stephanie Ross
    Email address
    stephanieross226@aol.com

    ReplyDelete