Sunday, June 15, 2014

Counting down the days

T minus 5 (June 12)

Joanne and the kids finished packing up the house for the summer and drove to Orlando.  They made it up in time to bring me some dinner and then stay on to watch the kickoff of the World Cup in Brasil. Tomorrow they had their eyes on going to Sea World's water park called Aquatica. At the hospital the second round of chemo well by without any problems.

T minus 4 (June 13)

I started my day with some more extensive exercising.  I'm determined not to let the stay affect me as much as my first one here.  There's no general restriction on exercise except that I have to always take the stand.  The central line rules do not allow any time off if for walking around freely.  The family stopped by after their Aquatica adventure, they had a good time there and now have passes to return all summer.  The World Cup had three games so no wasting time on soap operas.

T minus 3 (June 14)

The last day of pre-transplant chemo, there's more to come after the transplant to make sure my old cells don't grow and the new ones are allowed to take hold.  The chemo was going find, but today there would be an additional medication called Thymoglobulin, it's derived from Rabbit protein and is nicknamed the Rabbit.  Seems cute a fuzzy enough.  They did tell me that shakes and chills area  common side affect.  They weren't kidding.  My the midafternoon I felt like I was in a full-blown cold with aches, pains, and chills.  I lost my appetite for dinner even though Joanne had made a great homemade blueberry dessert.  I did manage to get that down, just like Lard Ass in Stand By Me...


My suffering became worse during the night and I started to experience some nausea.  Several times I fell to sleep to stave it off, but it was no use.  By 2:00am I was reaching for the plastic bucket and calling for Tylenol for my head.  I spiked a fever, which triggered additional blood cultures and a check X-ray.  I'm feeling much better rolling to T minus 2 but pretty tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment