Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tricky Rabbit


T minus 2 (June 15)

Well the good news is that I'm done with the pre-chemo, but after getting sick overnight my stomach was not feeling any better.  I had to switch to bland diet of soup stock and crackers to get through the day.  I still have to continue the Rabbit through tomorrow and I'm assuming it's the thing causing the problem.  Of course, I'm stocked up now with so many meds, it could be a combination of them.

T minus 1 (June 16)

All meds are in and now it's mostly waiting around until tomorrow for the cells to show up.  I have flashes of my donor calling in sick or some freak storm causing a traffic backup that doesn't allow the Currier through.  I asked my doctor if they fly the stuff in via helicopter, he says no, just standard overnight delivery.  Crazy.

I'm still not feeling 100% on the digestive track but I've been able to eat a little at each meal.  The kids are getting tired of coming to the hospital, but have been making the best of their Orlando time.  Joanne bought them all passes to Aquatica park and tonight my sister is coming over with their cousins to hang out for a while.  I was able to top off a week of soccer by watching the USA v. Ghana World Cup game.  I took a walk after the game as my exercise has fallen off a little with the upset stomach, then a quick shower and to bed.  I could already tell it might be a long night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brian -- hope everything went well today with the bone marrow transplant. The odds you cited on avoiding a relapse by taking the transplant process over straight chemo sounds like this is the right decision. In any case, my money's on you to come through with a full recovery. Buena Suerta my friend.

    ReplyDelete