Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Irony

Monday, February 10

Another day of feeling strong.  At lunch I was able to unhook and go outside for a walk, I pushed all the way down the sidewalk to the road I can see out my room window.  It's only a quarter of mile or so, but for me it felt like breaking one more barrier.  Stairs still remain a challenge so I try to do some repeats.  I want to find the main stairwell one day and walk up to my room on the 10th floor.

There's been no rebounding of white blood cells yet but the doctors are not concerned, still a normal progression.  I try not to let it bother me but feels like I wake up each morning at 4:00am when the nurse comes in for vitals to find out how I did overnight and get bad news.  Can't dwell on it too long, but I'll be very happy when my body creates some upward movement on its own.

The small skin spot that appeared magically on my upper back has not grown and the infection control doctor likes the coloration and doesn't think it's going to cause any issues.

My hopes of getting off the IV fluid was dashed by the Oncologist, he wants me on it the entire time I'm here.  I may get up to pee every 90 minutes the rest of my life.  He also said that the Saturday night ultrasound did turn up a small blood clot in my right arm.  How's that for irony?  The one thing my body shouldn't really be able to do well is overdoing it somewhere.  The overall risk is minimal at this point and they can not give me blood thinners, so for now it's laissez-faire.

No comments:

Post a Comment