Thursday, February 13, 2014

Small Steps


 
Wednesday, February 12th

WBC up to 0.26.  Seems crazy to be focusing on decimals, but small steps are to be expected.  This is the highest WBC since six days ago, so as long as the trend continues I'll feel like I'm headed in the right direction.  The doctor would like to get me on a WBC booster drug, but he can't do it until after the marrow retest showing positive results.

I rolled out my news to more of the people I work with which was a huge relief for me.  It's been hard carrying on conversations and work without them knowing and it finally started costing me some sleep.  I feel much better now having everyone in my life in the know and not needing to tap dance around it.

It was another good day here, a productive day of work, visited again with my Dad and Ruth for lunch time, my sister stopped by in the afternoon and my mom brought me a nice dinner from a place called Carmel's.  Braised beef & portabella flatbread, chicken skewers, and chocolate lava cake!  Good food is therapeutic - always.

Hospital tip - the hospital beds have rubber mattresses, similar to an inflatable bed.  Sleep on them causes me to sweat.  The first week I thought it was the chemo and being sick.  But one of the techs that clean the room suggested that she put an extra blanket between the sheets and the mattress.  That made all the difference in the world.  The night sweats went away and made for a much more pleasant sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment