Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday

Sunday, February 2nd



 Superbowl Sunday - at least there was going to be something to watch on TV tonight.  Joanne came over and spent the morning with me.  It gives us a chance to catch up on all the little things in our lives and plan the week ahead.  She was here when the Oncology PA visited and was able to ask more questions.  Most of them remained unanswered for now as we wait on the pathology report and then for the follow up biopsy that will take place on day 14 to see how well the chemo worked.  From there the plan will be modified depending on the results.  So nothing to do for now except finish out the final day of chemo and begin the recovery phase which some say might be harder than the first week due to zero white blood cells.  Count is now down to 0.27.

The kids came back in after lunch and spent a few more hours here. Some very generous friends of our bought me an XBox 360 for the room.  The controller reads your body and your full body movements change the game play.  It's a way for me to remain active and the kids love it of course.  And those of you with siblings or multiple kids know, it brings out all the competitive spirit and haggling over who's turn it is to make me feel like I'm right at home.

I took a few walks during the day but have to admit that they didn't feel as strong.  My low blood count also decreases my ability to supply oxygen to my body so I have to move a little slower.  My daughter Brenna joined me for a one on one walk and we caught up on her life some.  It was a great conversation, she's growing up quickly.

I noticed in the late afternoon that my chemo bag was still rather full.  The final day of treatment should have been complete by 5:00pm.  Apparently the pump shut off during the day at some point but did not fire off any alarm, nor did the nurses catch it during their rounds.  No major foul I guess, but now it will take until the morning to finish out.

For the evening, my mom returned and I had another close friend of mine from Connecticut stop by.  He too was in town for an industry conference in Orlando.  He brought in pizza and dessert for the Superbowl and hung out to watch the game with me.  Another great day, unless you had money on Denver - yikes.
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Rosi was commenting on how good you look in the photos and we both noticed how much you look like Tyler. Weird because your head is shaved and his hair is longer than a 70's era Beatle and so thick light can't escape it! I think it's the thoughtful, pondering expression that looks like the one your son wears when he's reading...

    ReplyDelete